Network Software Engineer - Anti Cheat (FULL TIME)
Hive Games is an official Minecraft Partner, operating the top Featured Server (measured in DAU) in Minecraft (Bedrock Edition).
The Hive at a glance:
- Official Minecraft (Server) Partner
- Running Minecraft networks since 2013
- 8M MAU / 3M WAU / 1M DAU
- Servers in 3 markets (North America, Europe and Asia)
- Fast-growing team
As a Network Software Engineer, you will be apart of the Anti-Cheat team focusing on providing players with a fair game-to-game experience. Minecraft by design is susceptible to many different types of cheats. You will be expected to use your skills to plan, create and maintain the infrastructure of our existing anti-cheat technologies.
- Design, build and maintain network infrastructure (particular Anti-Cheat networks)
- Maintain existing technology stacks to perform to their highest degree
- Ability to quickly grasp knowledge of current systems in place
- Collaborate with the lead anti cheat developer, game developers, quality assurance, and community management to address new potential exploits to current security systems
This is a full-time remote job. Applicants from United Kingdom, Western Europe and North America are preferred due to their respective timezones.
This is a contractor position. There is an opportunity for full-time employment, but this is not guaranteed.
- High level knowledge of Java
- High level knowledge of network and multi threaded programming (Netty)
- Experience designing and working with data classification algorithms and/or statistical modelling
with large volume sets of data
- Good understanding of prevalent constraints and limitations of server-side security solutions to
multiplayer games is an asset but not required;
- Good understanding of prevalent vulnerabilities and exploitation methods of multiplayer games is
an asset but not required;
- Experience with Al concepts and libraries is an asset but not required;
- Ability to write clean code that runs efficiently at an enormous scale